2012 – Ottoman Mehter Band Performance nearby Blue Mosque
2012 Spring – Summer information : Sultanahmet area Ottoman Mehter band Performance /every Saturday at 3 pm /
Nearby Blue Mosque, in hippodrome area ( possibly the pit used as the concert ground between the hippodrome and the tram station ) the local municipality is beginning the famous Ottoman Military band performance , that comes with incredible Ottoman costumes and instruments as well as great Ottoman Military music , which influenced classical music composers like Beethoven, Chaikowski, or Mozart, as in ” escape from seraglio” , the a la turca style was born from this music.
These open air concerts are just fine; but if you would like a real treat of this music; you should go to the Military Museum in Nisantasi, new town. Daily at 3 pm ( museum is closed on mo and tue ) , the concert begins with a breathtaking English language video documentary on the band’s origin going as far as Asia.
No comments yet.
- Best baklava in Istanbul ( also the shobiyet )
- Off the beaten Path Private tours in Istanbul
- Deaf servants of the Turkish Parliament and the Ottoman Empire
- Acitivities for your kids in Istanbul
- 2012 – Ottoman Mehter Band Performance nearby Blue Mosque
- Statistical info on my blog
- Did Amazons live in Turkey?
- At a Short Glance – Mosque visit procedures , finer restaurants etc
- Few words on the new James Bond movie to be filmed in Turkey, and open invitation to movie makers for incredible Istanbul action movie sequences
- Is there a finer Bosphorus cruise in Istanbul?
- summer 2011 ( from March 2011 on ) new museum operating times for Istanbul
- Photos of Oguz Kosebalaban inc. various Trips – USA , Egypt , Turkey