Is there a finer Bosphorus cruise in Istanbul?
In case you came across this article with a google search, here is the main address of my blog for quick access to more of my Istanbul content: https://mristanblue.wordpress.com/ One of the best ways to enjoy and experience Istanbul efficiently is going on a Bosphorus Cruise , but, possibly that cruise should not be this one ( the regular packed departure of city lines IDO ) , despite the fact that the fancy guide book you got usually gives you the details of this experience! waiting for you :
There are limited outdoor areas on the regular Bosphorus cruise , so you are stuck indoors with limited view :
Is there a finer istanbul bosphorus cruise experience?
As in the photo above , you will possibly end up in an overcrowded – packed Bosphorus city line boat ( Bogaz Hatlari Vapuru ) departing across from Spice Market ( Egyptian Bazaar ) : The earliest departure being at 10.35 ; and enjoy a mediocre cruise experience, as in the photo below ; or you found this page and you have a bright option! :
Yes there is; if quality is not meaning quantity for you, this departure from Ortakoy district in the afternoons is a truly good experience : You have outdeck seats with a nice outdect fresh air, Bosphorus experience : It departs from below the first suspension bridge, the pier is next to Ortakoy ( Buyuk Mecidiye ) Mosque.
* The photos above are from my visual Istanbul Guide for a better Istanbul experience .
Summer 2010 another option for those looking for a bit longer Bosphorus experience by IDO city lines :
Duration : 2 hours begins from and returns to Eminonu , departs at 2.30 pm
rate 15 lira ( 10$ US approx ) Eminonu is same area with Spice Market ( Egyptian Bazaar )
* Article is by Oguz Kosebalaban , professional Istanbul tour guide, with suggestions of finer ways to enjoy Istanbul , stepping up from tourist level tours to true experience with more insight. For more Istanbul notes like this: https://mristanblue.wordpress.com/
No comments yet.
- Best baklava in Istanbul ( also the shobiyet )
- Off the beaten Path Private tours in Istanbul
- Deaf servants of the Turkish Parliament and the Ottoman Empire
- Acitivities for your kids in Istanbul
- 2012 – Ottoman Mehter Band Performance nearby Blue Mosque
- Statistical info on my blog
- Did Amazons live in Turkey?
- At a Short Glance – Mosque visit procedures , finer restaurants etc
- Few words on the new James Bond movie to be filmed in Turkey, and open invitation to movie makers for incredible Istanbul action movie sequences
- Is there a finer Bosphorus cruise in Istanbul?
- summer 2011 ( from March 2011 on ) new museum operating times for Istanbul
- Photos of Oguz Kosebalaban inc. various Trips – USA , Egypt , Turkey