Did Amazons live in Turkey?
Smyrna , the ancient name of the third largest city of Turkey is the name of an Amazon commandent as mentioned in sources from Ephesus. In the Archaeological museum of Selcuk ( today’s Ephesus ) of Turkey there is a relief scene showing Amazons with exposed chests =) making a definite remark on the gender. Ephesus in history is where the main warship is Artemis , and she is the patron goddess of the amazons who were according to the local clues were leaving in Ephesus.
There are sources telling that Amazons later settled down in Turkish Black Sea coast. So you may wonder whether Amazons are alive in the blood of Turkish women in Black Sea region of Turkey ; this photo is published in Sabah – reliable =) state owned daily newspaper’s web site ( http://www.sabah.com.tr/multimedya/galeri/yasam/gulmekten-olduren-yorumlar-523238154955?tc=124&page=48&albumId=39216 )
The photo shows these incredible American soldiers in action and a woman from Turkish Black Sea coast. The city named Trabzon as the subtitle is a famous large city along black sea coastal line. ( For the naive reader, let’s mention that , Turks also have a good sense of humour ) .
No comments yet.
- Best baklava in Istanbul ( also the shobiyet )
- Off the beaten Path Private tours in Istanbul
- Deaf servants of the Turkish Parliament and the Ottoman Empire
- Acitivities for your kids in Istanbul
- 2012 – Ottoman Mehter Band Performance nearby Blue Mosque
- Statistical info on my blog
- Did Amazons live in Turkey?
- At a Short Glance – Mosque visit procedures , finer restaurants etc
- Few words on the new James Bond movie to be filmed in Turkey, and open invitation to movie makers for incredible Istanbul action movie sequences
- Is there a finer Bosphorus cruise in Istanbul?
- summer 2011 ( from March 2011 on ) new museum operating times for Istanbul
- Photos of Oguz Kosebalaban inc. various Trips – USA , Egypt , Turkey