Egyptian Bazaar – Saturdays to be avoided
Egyptian Bazaar is the same as Spice Market . In many ways this is becoming the compact version of Grand Bazaar. Some of the spice vendors are replaced by craft or souvenier stores of almost all sorts one gets to see in Grand Bazaar.
It gets overcrowded on a saturday , though early morning will still be allright. On any day early morning visits to the bazaars will be a better option; will be less crowded, vendors will be fresh and not cranky.
Do not miss to see the courtyard of the neighboring New Mosque , one of the most impressive courtyards of an Ottoman mosque, even more charming then the Blue Mosque’s courtyard. But do get dressed accordingly; shorts or exposed sholders upset the worshippers, and it is not proper.
No comments yet.
- Best baklava in Istanbul ( also the shobiyet )
- Off the beaten Path Private tours in Istanbul
- Deaf servants of the Turkish Parliament and the Ottoman Empire
- Acitivities for your kids in Istanbul
- 2012 – Ottoman Mehter Band Performance nearby Blue Mosque
- Statistical info on my blog
- Did Amazons live in Turkey?
- At a Short Glance – Mosque visit procedures , finer restaurants etc
- Few words on the new James Bond movie to be filmed in Turkey, and open invitation to movie makers for incredible Istanbul action movie sequences
- Is there a finer Bosphorus cruise in Istanbul?
- summer 2011 ( from March 2011 on ) new museum operating times for Istanbul
- Photos of Oguz Kosebalaban inc. various Trips – USA , Egypt , Turkey