The Most impressive Asiatic Istanbul visits
1. Sakirin ( Şakirin ) Mosque – Club Five times a Day
The only mosque of the world opened in 2009 and mentioned by all major tv’s and newspapers of the world like CNN, NY times , and my flickr photography blog ( as a matter of fact, if you google ” club five times a day” my photo from the mosque is the only one that shows up ( check my http://www.flickr.com/photos/23822697@N02/sets/ )
2. Kadıkoy street market – walking district
The non touristy version of Spice Market ( same as Egyptian Bazaar ) area , including the fish and produce market , is Kadikoy walking district, across from the pier; you can get there by taking the Kadikoy passenger boat from across New mosque – Spice Market.
3. Ciya Restaurant in the district above ( the live music sea food restaurants offer wine or raki, not available at Ciya.
4. A superb Gaziantep Restaurant is Canak ( Çanak ) at Acibadem district of Kadikoy , learn where to take the minibus.
5. Strolling to Moda from Kadıkoy looking at the antique shop and art gallery window displays and sip your tea with sea view from Moda iskelesi, or the waterfront tea gardens.
6. Sunset Photography at Salacak facing Maiden’s tower, head on to Uskudar district Photograph Mihrimah Sultan Mosque of Uskudar and dine at Kanaat Restaurant.
7. Camlica hilltop brunch on a weekend day to see traditional middle class families enjoying a family day. A visit to Eyup district is compatible.
Check back this page for updates.
No comments yet.
- Best baklava in Istanbul ( also the shobiyet )
- Off the beaten Path Private tours in Istanbul
- Deaf servants of the Turkish Parliament and the Ottoman Empire
- Acitivities for your kids in Istanbul
- 2012 – Ottoman Mehter Band Performance nearby Blue Mosque
- Statistical info on my blog
- Did Amazons live in Turkey?
- At a Short Glance – Mosque visit procedures , finer restaurants etc
- Few words on the new James Bond movie to be filmed in Turkey, and open invitation to movie makers for incredible Istanbul action movie sequences
- Is there a finer Bosphorus cruise in Istanbul?
- summer 2011 ( from March 2011 on ) new museum operating times for Istanbul
- Photos of Oguz Kosebalaban inc. various Trips – USA , Egypt , Turkey